Friday, September 21, 2007

Dos Noches Mas :(

Well, my trip is coming to an end. I said goodbye to everyone at the hospital today. . . I was on the verge of tears (I'm a sucker for goodbyes). Someone asked me what I will miss the most about Huaraz. I had to say it was the hospital. . and not just the hospital obviously, but the people who worked there. I will always remeber how Pilar, one of the nurses, went around secretly putting condoms in everyone's pockets one day. I came home with a purse full of condoms and other random items. Although my nickname was Rebeccita to everyone in Emergency, Pilar named me "Barbie" in Pediatrics and she would then call everyone else "Barney" (purple dinosaur). She was always good for a laugh.

Tomorrow I go to Lima to meet with Karina for one last fun night. She, the party girl, wants to go out on the town and on the following day she wants to take me to her club! After the club it is back to the airport for me. Should be a good time, up until the airport part! I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Nora Nickerson said...

A beautiful month filled with life and death; laughter and sadness. . .cows with cute faces. . .boulders and dancing!! I admire you Rebeccita and your courage but more than anything, I admire your sweet, caring nature. Can't wait to see all your photos and hear all your stories. Mamacita