Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Huanchac Boulders


So I made it out to the local boulders. A neighboring town, Huanchac, has a handful of some great granite boulders. Finding them was a bit of an adventure; the directions I had led me somewhere, but not to Huanchac. After returning to the hostal to regroup and look for better directions, I met Juan, a traveler from Puerto Rico that said "es facil". We ended up going bouldering together and met some local guides that were climbing on their day off. It was a blast.

As for the clinic, I have had a few meetings with various people. They are reluctant to let me work with the Director of Nursing and have instead allowed me to work with the marketing team. Great just what I wanted, to learn marketing, but we are going to go together to Valle de Conchucos for a few nights which is supposed to be beautiful and off the beaten path. I´m hoping that after getting my foot in the door they may let me at least observe some visits with patients. I´ll keep you posted. No climbing pics yet, but I´m sure I´ll be back in Huanchac soon enough with camera in hand.

2 comments:

Nora Nickerson said...

Try telling them you work for Michael Moore and are doing a follow up film on how the medical care in Peru far surpasses that in the U.S.!!! Es verdad!! Pumama

Unknown said...

Hey Puma -

Sounds like adventure is in abundance there for you!

Looking forward to the climbing pics...

Cheers,
Shaw